Sephora

dimanche 9 novembre 2014

Mac Lipstick Dupes



 part 2: CLICK

I really wanted to share with you some cheaper alternatives for Mac lipsticks.
I love my Mac lipstick but I understand not everyone wants nor can buy them and the good news is there's great quality lipsticks from the drugstore that lookalike!
(Watch my video to see the lip swatches!)

L-R: NYX soft matte lip cream in Cannes, NYX matte lipstcik in Whipped Caviar, Rimmel Airy Fairy, Mac Faux and NYX butter lipstick in Pops

Mac Faux has been my go to lipstick lately. It's a darker mauvy nude that still looks natural on me and I fought I would try to find something similar to it! 
I've heard a few people say Rimmel Airy Fairy was a dupe and I completely disagree. It's lighter and warmer - basically it's completely different!
NYX Pops does look similar to it but my favorite is the NYX matte lipstick in Whipped Caviar.
It's a litte darker and a bit more mauve but that's why I really like it!

Mac Faux VS NYX matte lipstick in Whipped Caviar

L-R: Mac Velvet Teddy and Wet n Wild Bare it All

 Velvet Teddy has been really popular lately and on the lips it is somewhat similar. It is lighter (especially swatch on my arm!) and a little warmer. It would work well if you had a warm skin tone!



L-R: Revlon Primrose, Mac Snob and Revlon Pink Pout

 Mac Snob is also one of my favorite of the moment and I think Revlon Primrose lipstick is quite similar! The finishes are different and you will need to build up the cream finish of Primrose to get the right color but if you prefer more moisturizing lipsticks you will love it!
Personally I wish it was more pigmented because after one drink you can see the sides of my lips (that are darker!).

Mac Snob VS Revlon Primrose


Pink Pout as a closer finish to it as it is a matte finish (compare to the amplified finish) but it is a little bit warmer!

Mac Snob VS Revlon Pink Pout

L-R: Mac Up The Amp and Revlon Berry Haute

Mac Up the Amp is a grey toned lavender and Revlon Berry Haute looks similar to it (especially on the lips!) It's a little less purple and needs to be build up a little but it's a great alternative!

Mac Up The Amp VS Revlon Berry Haute

L-R: Milani Sangria, Mac Rebel and Wet n Wild Sugar Plum Fairy

These are what I would call dupes!!
Mac Rebel is a great lipstick because it can be worn sheer or darker and this is the hardest part to dupe. Milani Sangria as a more matte finish to it but is also a build able lipstick!
Wet n Wild isn't build able but also leaves a stain like Rebel does!

L-R: Revlon lip butter in Lollipop, Mac Girl About Town, NYX soft matte lip cream in Addis Ababa, Milani Sangria, Mac Rebel and Wet n Wild Sugar Plum Fairy

 Girl About Town by Mac is also a gorgeous color for this time of the year!
I've seen people compare it do the NYX soft matte lip cream in Addis Ababa but I think it looks closer to the Revlon lip butter in Lollipop!

Mac Girl About Town VS Revlon lip butter in Lollipop
L-R: Mac Viva Glam 1 and NYX matte lipstick in Alabama
 These two look like perfect dupes on my arm but not exactly on my lips! I would still consider Alabama like a cheaper alternative although it's a bit darker.

Mac Viva Glam 1 VS NYX matte lipstick in Alabama
L-R: Mac Sin, Wet n Wild Cherrybomb, Mac Diva, Mac Viva Glam 1 and NYX matte lipstick in Alabama
 Wet n Wild lipstick in Cherrybomb is similar to Mac Diva and Sin. Sin more on the lips and Diva more when you swatch it!

Mac Sin vs Wet n Wild Megalast lipstick in Cherrybomb
L-R: Wet n Wild lipstick in Spotlight Red and Mac Ruby Woo
 Mac Ruby Woo is the best matte true red lipstick out there! The hardest part to dupe is the Retro Matte finish it has. Even though a lot of people consider the Wet n Wild Megalast lipsticks as drying it's nothing compare to the Mac one. Spotlight Red is really close in color but as a creamier finish!

Mac Ruby Woo lipstick VS Wet n Wild Megalast in Spotlight Red

L-R: Mac Russian Red and Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in Standout
Although Standout is not as bright it is still really similar to Mac Russian Red!

Mac Russian Red VS Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in Standout
Em :)

PART 2: CLICK




9 commentaires:

  1. Thank you for this list!

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Could you tell me If Nyx Siren is anything like MAC Sin?

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Just ordered Mac Faux and thought of you! :) Love your videos!

    xoxo

    Jessica

    www.blushandbaubles.com

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. I think MAC Twig, Nyx Whipped Caviar and Revlon Sultry are dupes too! :D

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. I love your reviews Emily :)
    Can anyone suggest dupe for mac relentlessly red?

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. Everyone says wet and wild in "spotlight..it is STOPLIGHT!!

    RépondreSupprimer
  7. MAC Lipstick is an iconic makeup essential, known for its vast shade range and rich, creamy formula. With a variety of finishes, it offers long lasting color and comfortable wear. Cosmetic Boxes with logo
    Custom Kraft Packaging & Boxes

    RépondreSupprimer